The Mayor has published new draft Minor Amendments dealing with housing standards and parking standards. Consultations close on 22 June.
Three meetings will be held at City Hall about them
- Thursday 14 May 2015 – Minor Alterations launch event with Sir Edward Lister, 12 noon to 2 pm, London’s Living Room, City Hall
- Monday 18 May 2015 – Housing Standards Minor Alterations consultation event, 10 am to 12 noon, London’s Living Room, City Hall
- Wednesday 27 May 2015 – Parking Standards Minor Alterations consultation event, 10 am to 12 noon, London’s Living Room, City Hall
Details are here on the GLA web site.
Separately the Mayor has published the Draft Interim Housing Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) for public consultation for a period of 12 weeks – from 15 May to 7 August. This provides revised guidance on how to implement the housing policies in the London Plan. Proposed revisions take account of the Further Alterations to the London Plan, which was published by the Mayor in March. In addition, draft guidance shows how London’s standards will be affected by the introduction of the Government’s new national technical standards and to provide clarity on what standards apply in the transition period before the adoption of the Minor Alterations to the London Plan (MALP – see above). Other proposed revisions to the SPG have been made to reflect updated evidence, Mayoral strategies and national guidance.
Public consultation events on the housing SPG at City Hall: Two public consultation events were held at City Hall (reservation required). These events take place on:
- Monday 13 July – 9.00 to 11.00
- Thursday 23 July – 15.00 to 17.00
Further details and the Just Space consultation responses are here.