[4 June 2018] The more we digest the 2017 draft new London Plan, its Impact Assessment and other supporting documents, the more alarmed we become for the future of London as an inclusive city. Just Space and its member groups are gearing up to challenge it during the coming months of debate. Update from the GLA follows:
- there were 4,000 responses to the consultation draft, including postcard campaigns and Talk London (responses to an online survey);
- Examination in Public (EiP) Panel of 3 inspectors is now in place and will be announced soon. It will be serviced by Carmel Edwards, Programme Officer, and Jinder Ubhi, Admin Assistant (Jinder works at GLA);
- GLA London Plan team aim to forward all the responses to EiP Panel by the end of June, with Mayor’s comments and early suggested changes to the draft Plan;
- All responses will go on-line in July;
- The Annual Monitoring Report on the London Plan (normally every Feb) won’t be published until July.
- The Panel’s draft list of the “matters” they propose to examine in public is expected in August, when the EiP office will open. This draft list (which also identifies which organisations and individuals will be invited to hearings on each issue) is open to challenge for a short while;
- Technical seminars will be held in September;
- EiP hearings are expected to start in November and run through to March 2019.
Just Space will make further postings here, including statements of position on the key issues. Meanwhile the consultation responses of Just Space, its member-groups and many others are gathered together here. Let us know of any important ones we have missed by commenting below.